Thursday, June 2, 2011

Re-energized with wedding planning by a nightmare

Hi everyone!  So, I have been a bit busy lately - April was INSANE as school was finishing up, then I ran up to PA to celebrate Mother's day with the bestest mom in the world then I (literally) flew half-way around the world to visit with BM NZ in...well, New Zealand.

Mirror Lakes in the south island of NZ 
(photo by RockHugger33)

BUT, the night I finally got back home, I had this terrible nightmare - you know the type -where you feel like you are actually there.  It was not a nightmare in the "scary-zombie" way, but in the "holy shit how can this happen" way.  I was dreaming that it was the day of the wedding, and the BM's and I had just come back from setting up the reception room and were starting to get ready.  And I realized that the photographer was not there yet.  And I wanted a photographer to be there while we were getting ready.  And then I realized that I had not done any planning since April 2011.  So we had no photographer, no DJ, no bouquets, nada.  And holy shit did I start to freak out.  But, I think my dream-self handled her shit pretty well.  I had BM NZ call her BF and get him to be our "photographer" for the wedding.  I had my go-to-girl  contact the DJ and bribe him with extra money to drive down to DJ our reception.  And I had Momma Rocks go out and pick flowers for us just outside (benefits to getting married in a tropical location!).

And then I woke up in a panic with my heart racing.  I think this was the universe's way of telling me it is time to get back to planning this wedding.
So Mr. Rocks and I are getting ready to send out the Save-The-Dates.  And being the artist that he is, Mr. Rocks is currently staying home from school today to create out "wedding logo" (tee-hee: yup - we now have a wedding logo.  And it is awesome!)  And I also have a few other things I have been working on.  So....summer is here, which means that students tend to be less annoying than normal, and I will get a good chunk of this wedding in order!    

And just to leave you with a few more images from NZ...
BM NZ threatening to push MOH into the river - Oh no! 
(photo by RockHugger33)

One of my super-awesome bridge decorators - doing what geologist do best -point out cool rocks! 
(photo by RockHugger33)

Mega-awesome-totally-cool waterfall in Milford Sound
(photo by RockHugger33)

No comments:

Post a Comment