Monday, June 13, 2011

Wedding Fitness

So, both of the Rock Hugger 'rents have called to say they got our Save the Date in the mail - yay for the post office!  So, our guests should be getting the STD's in the mail soon, and in a few days, I will post what we did.  Just keep in mind....even though it looks like we just threw these Save the Dates together, we really worked on them for quite a long time!


But today's post is not about the STD's, it is about fitness!  Both Mr. Rocks and I Need. To. Lose. Weight.  Granted, we are both generally healthy and we tend to do a lot of "active" activities, but we can both stand to drop a few LBS.  (Ok, maybe more than a few.)  And our wedding is a great goal to work towards!  


So, my goal is to get back to the weight I was 5 years ago, plus a few lbs.  See, in the summer of 2006, BM NZ and I went on a 2-week backpacking trip to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons.  Earlier that summer, I joined weight watchers and started going to the gym like a fiend. And it worked!  I was pretty happy with what I looked like on that trip....see?
(Photo by RockHugger)

Now fast forward 5 years.  In that time, I met the Most Wonderful Man in the World...which meant I gained weight....eating out all the time plus having a wonderful person constantly telling you how wonderful you look means I would go for the ice cream rather than fruit for dessert!  And then I met Mr. Rock's mom (MIL Rocks), who is an amazing cook (can we say ravioli's?!?), so there went a few more pounds.  Not to mention every time we went to visit my family with Momma Rock's amazing cooking.  Add to that finishing a Ph.D. (which involves a lot of sitting and stressing and writing), so there went a few more pounds.  Mix into that the cooking abilities of both Mr. Rocks and myself (hey?  what would you expect?  We both had good teachers in the cooking arena!) and you have a bunch of well-fed Rockhuggers!


But, enough is enough, and it is time to lose da' wieght.  So, Mr. Rocks and I are counting our points a' la Weight Watchers, and we have started P90X.  For those who don't know, P90X is a 90-day workout routine.  Each day's routine is a little different, with the idea that you never "plateau".  We finished the first week's workout last week - only 83 more days to go!  We are both rather sore, but I have noticed a small difference (so far).  Aaannnd, Mr. Rocks has already lost 8 Lbs. and I have lost 6 Lbs.  So here's to getting healthy!  Bring it!
(Image from FitnessBodyOnline.com)

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, those were the days! Remember how you used to do sit-ups outside the tent?!! I'm trying to count points too - I think we need to set a mid-term goal for when I'm next in the US in 6 months. Break it into more manageable steps!

    ReplyDelete