Monday, March 26, 2012

The centerpieces

So, one of the things that I finished over spring break was the centerpieces!  When looking for centerpieces, I knew I did not want a tall centerpiece.  I also did not want fresh flowers.  I was looking for something organic and low profile that complemented our wedding colors.  Something that I could make would be a bonus, too.

Luckily, Dad Rocks cut down part of a tree in our backyard (yay for crazy wind storms!).  When he cut down the tree (and I helped!!), there was a large branch on the tree.  He cut the branch into discs, which are now the base of my centerpieces.   Also, luckily, both my mom and Mr. Rocks mom like to make red sauce which requires lots and lots of tiny cans of tomato paste.


(Image from meijer.com)

So, after cleaning, punching, and painting the tomato paste cans, I sanded and epoxied the tree discs.  Add a cute tiny vase (thanks Momma Rocks!) and a pretty purple flower (thanks for helping me get these MOH Momma and "RB2" (ring bearer 2 - aka "The TERROR")) and a few candles, and voila!  Our centerpieces:

No comments:

Post a Comment