Friday, April 6, 2012

Dressing the dudes.....

So, the "2-month to go" mark passed a few days ago (yaayyy!  Oh....wait...holy-crap-I-still-have-so-much-else-to-do!!!)  I am in the middle of several projects, and once they are done, hopefully I WILL post about them!

But for now, let us take a gander at what the men of the wedding party will be wearing.  First - some background.  Mr. Rocks is not a tux guy. At. All.  He is most comfortable in jeans and a t-shirt.  While I think a t-shirt is just a bit too casual, I definitely wanted my man to be comfortable as he is standing in front of ~ 100 people telling the world he is going to marry me.  So he and I talked about it, and went through some of our options.....
Option 1:  Obnoxious hawaiian shirt
(Image from Collectorsweekly.com)
Hmmm....could work.

Option 2: Pirate costume

(Image from Go4costumes.com)
This one goes against Rule #1 - no pirates at my wedding!  (No plundering of booty!)

Option 3: Cuban shirts!  Winner!
(Image from Pennersinc.com)
Since there is a strong Cuban presence in Miami and the Keys, we though the shirts were appropriate.  They look nice, are a bit unique, and will be comfortable in the FL heat.  We will pair Mr. Rock's shirt with a pair of light khakis.

For the grooms:
(Image from Pennersinc.com)
We will pair this with a blue pocket square that matches the BM dresses (they will also be carrying orange and yellow bouquets).  And khakis.

And for the dads:
(Image from Pennersinc.com)
We will be giving our dads a boutonniere to match the Mom's dresses (I hope).

And to top it all off, all the guys will be wearing a panama hat (cuz we need to keep those shiny domes covered!!)

"Terror 1 and Terror 2" (aka the Ring Boyz - which, by the way, sounds so much more legit than Ring Bearers) will be in white linen shirts with khankis. (sorry - no pic!)  I am hoping that they can withstand running in the water for just a few minutes so we can get pics of them before they get wet.  (Which they will....and I'll probably encourage it - sorry MOH Momma!!)

So, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment