Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hello World!

Well, this is my first (ever) blog post!  So, hello world!  Well, hello "people who may be vaguely interested in hearing about my wedding planing process."  So, a little bit about me and what I aim to accomplish here. First, me!  So, I am 33 years old (dear god), I recently earned my Ph.D. and I teach intro geology classes at a university in SW Virginia.  I have 2 cats (both of which are currently trying to push my laptop off my lap so they can sit there instead) - one is fat and one is stupid.  I enjoy outdoors-y stuff (camping, hiking, kayaking), riding my Harley (I hate being a backrest!), reading and cuddling.  2010 was a great year for me - not only did I get my Ph.D. (I am still pretty psyched about it), but I also got engaged in March.  On the top of a Mountain.  At Sunset.  (My man did good!).  More on that later.

So, I am planning a wedding for June 2012, which will be the main topic of this blog.  I am from PA, Mr. Rocks is from Chicago, we met in Florida (and are getting married in Florida), so we have friends from all over the world that are in our wedding.  (Well, ok, mostly just all over the country, but we do have Bridesmaid (BM) New Zealand (NZ) representing the Southern Hemisphere - represent!!).  So, I figured a blog would be a good way to keep whomever is interested in the planning process - bridesmaids, moms, aunts, and close friends: feel free to comment on what we are planning!  For the most part, Mr. Rocks and I are fairly easy-going people.  Mr. Rocks just wants music, dancing, and bacon wrapped appetizers at the wedding.  I have a slightly longer wish list, but, as we all know I completely lack any sort of fashion.  So let us bumble along together as I try various do-it-yourself (DIY) disasters, dealing with vendors, and trying to keep this whole she-bang as cheap and green as possible.

Oh, and by the way, Bridesmaids, as you read this, realize that I am posting this as a way of procrastination to get out of finishing your "will you be my bridesmaide?" gift.  Sorry ladies, it will be a bit late.  Really sorry BM NZ - my intention was to send your gift before the new year...I am hoping I can get it to you by at least your birthday!!

1 comment: