Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Let's head down to those little latitudes....

So, on a completely unrelated note, our ice cream scoop died today.  As I was getting Mr. Rocks some cookies & cream ice cream tonight (for his sore teeth, poor guy) the scoop just snapped in half.  Bummer.

But anyways, back to the wedding stuff...

So, after giving the southern VA wedding industry the big 'ole middle finger, we packed it up headed down to FL.  OK.  I lied.  I wish we could have just packed up and headed to FL.  But we have lives in VA.  And jobs.  And cats.  (Always with the cats!)  But I let my "fingers do the walking" and did some internet searching.  And Mike and I have been to the Keys several times.  We decided we wanted to get married at Bahia Honda State Part (pronounced BAY-ah HON-da).  On the pedestrian bridge.  Seriously, (I think) it is the most beautiful place.  And I promised BM Artist and OOPJ (Our Own Personal Jesus - aka, our friend/officiant) bridges if they traversed down to FL for us.  So bridges it is.  And, without further adieu.....
Here is the pedestrian bridge viewed from afar.  You see the split in the middle?  On the left side is the actual pedestrian bridge.  The right side is not accessible (it is a bit run down).  Now lets get a closer look....
This is near the start of the trail leading up to the bride.  Here is where we will most likely need to pass out flip-flops to all of the ladies, since the trail is a bit rocky and sandy.  (More of the crazy Old Navy Mission later).  We might also pass out some water, depending on how hot it is.  Its a bit o' a walk up to the bridge.
But after strolling through the trees (I love the tree archways!!), everyone eventually gets to the bridge.....
Imagine this, but with ~100 white chairs, maybe an archway at the end, and maybe some white stuff on the railings.  We don't want to do too many decorations because (1) it is very pretty on its own, and (2) We have to trust the boys to do all the decorations, and while I love the boys...well...I can see a pile of ribbons and them saying "what the hell is this for?"
Here is the view from the other end, where everyone walks up from.  I really like it up here.
Here is a close up of the front, where all the action will take place.  You can see the other side of the bridge in this picture.  I am a little concerned about that side of the bridge looking not so great.  Part of me wants to try to cover it up, but part of me just thinks "meh" and it is just part of the natural look of the place.  We'll see.  We's gots time.
A view from off the bridge.....I love it!!!!
And to end it with a picture of the happy couple....Awwwwwww...

Coming up next?  Who knows?  Whatever I feel like writing about tomorrow night, folks!  I'm thinking either cabins at Bahia Honda, or pics of the venue.  We shall see.. stay tuned!!!

1 comment:

  1. I think you should just tell people to wear the appropriate foot wear instead of handing out flip flops. Or just set up a video camera so we can giggle at all the people who wear high heels try to walk the path.

    ReplyDelete