Thursday, February 10, 2011

And it is official....

We are having our reception at the Key Colony Inn!  I heard back from BM NZ, and we are going with our original wedding date!  (Note, since this is technically a public blog, I am not posting the date here - I don't want any crazy internet people stalking me!  If you don't know our original date, just email me!)
So, lets take a look at the KCI again....
Source: Key Colony Inn
Source: Me

We are so excited!  Both Mr. Rocks and I think this is the best choice for us.  We really like the big, open room, and we like their coordinator - he has been very helpful and responsive.  Even though we are not on the water, we like that KCI is next to a golf course with a lot of green space outside.

So, the top picture (above) shows the linens we will use for the reception, but we provide the center pieces.  Right now I am leaning towards the idea of using a slice of a tree trunk with candles and 1 bright flower in the middle.  But I have time to change my mind a bazillion times.

So, we decided to have a cocktail hour with bacon-wrapped scallops, bacon-wrapped dates, conch fritters, and a cheese/fruit platter.  Dinner will be bread, salad, a chicken dish, a fish dish (probably fresh mahi-mahi) pasta, veggies, and potatoes.  Oh, and we will have an open bar.  Oh yeah, there will be drinking!

So, we booked our venue/caterer.  Check.  We got the ceremony site.  Check.  Now the next step is to find a photographer and DJ.  And now Mr. Rocks can start working on our STDs (Save the dates!).  Woo-hoo!

2 comments:

  1. Yippeeeeeeeeee! Sorry it took me so long, but it sounds like it worked out! The centerpieces sound lovely. I like the idea of candles in pieces of pumice floating in bowls with flowers too. Of course, pumice is a bit easier to come by here than in Fl :) I definitely approve of the menu (and open bar)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you wrote KCI, I thought you were talking about Potassium Chloride (KCl), and was pretty confused for a minute there!! Arg! Science brain strikes again!
    :-)

    Oh ya, I totally love the Key colony inn. THe pictures are gorgeous. And I'm pretty sure in June in the Keys, AC is a must, so good choice there.

    I like the wood carved centerpiece idea but I also like VolcanoLad's idea as well. Both would be fun and different. And anyway, can't Volcano Lady just mail some over to you. Its not like the package is going to weigh alot. :-)

    ReplyDelete