Friday, February 18, 2011

Bridesmaids Dresses!!!!!

OK, so, it is TIME.  Time to start looking at BM dresses!  So, I have been looking at dresses on the Alfred Angelo's website.  While we don't have to go with Alfred Angelos, it just makes life easier.  There is an Alfred Angelos in Lancaster and NZ, so if we decide to go with an AA dress, all of us, including BM NZ, can buy the dress in country.  BUT, if anyone finds a pretty dress elsewhere, we can work with it!

So, they don't publish prices on the AA website...bummer.  BUT, they do publish pricing guides...the most expensive dresses are 5 stars, and the cheapest are 1 star.  So, I have found several dresses in a variety of price ranges.  Now, without further adieu, here are some BM dresses.... (note: all dresses are in the colors that I like).

Here is the "5-star" (read- most expensive) BM dresse.
Style 6334

Here are the "4 Star" dresses.  We looked at one of these babies last summer, and it was ~$180, so that can serve as a super unreliable price-point....
Style 7140
 Style 7076
 Style 7017
 Style 6133

And here are the 3-star dresses....
Style 7167
 Style 7121
 Style 7092
 Style 7014
 Style 7016

And finally, the cheapest dress (the 1-star dress)....
Style 7139



So what do you guys think?  BM NZ will be near the AA in a few weeks, so it would be great if she had a few styles to try on and see how they look.  I am planning on getting together with the rest of the BM's in May to start trying on dresses.

So, lets have everyone pick their 3 favorite and post in the comments.  We don't all have to agree...remember...there is always option #3 (see previous post).

**All photos are from the Alfred Angelos website.

7 comments:

  1. all the dresses in the 4s are pretty and also 7121. I really like the idea of different dresses but all the same color. I think that will work really well with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like all of them except 7092. i also like the idea of different dresses in the same color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the 5-star one the best (I would!). I would say any but 7092 too. Top 3 would be 6343, 7017, 6133. Not sure about the green with the blue personally, can you get the orange to match the bouquets?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was not sure if the orange trim and orange bouquets would be too much. But, I can always do a photo-shop job and see what it all looks like together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried a few on, have posted the pics to the old fb event. Sadly they're not very good as the shop was shutting and I didn't have anyone to take pics for me! I reckon you could do all different with the all blue - 7139, 7016, 7121. They were the ones I liked best, 7140 was really low cut and a serious danger of flashing people, 6133 was heavy and would be really sweaty, and 7014 was just a bit girly. In my humble opinion! Sadly they didn't have the others to try on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i actually chose style 7017 as my BM dress. looks beautiful on and complements everyones figure. Buy it from this website, because the bridal boutiques were charging $180, this guy is selling it for $132-
    http://www.plussizebridal.com/Bridesmaids/7017ALF.asp

    Just purchased my 7BM from them..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think they all lok pretty, except for the short dress. I didn't like that one. I tried on 7016 before and it didn't look good on me. I'd be willing to try on the other ones to see what works. Really my only requirment is that I don't look like a fat cow.
    And yes, that right, I said requirment. Because at this stage of the game, the novelty is wearing off! :-)

    ReplyDelete