Friday, July 1, 2011

Being a Zen Bride-to-be

Ok, so you have to know that the first time I wrote this post, the title of the post was Effing Reserve America but I figured it would be more appropriate to turn this into a positive, rather than negative experience.

So, it all started last night around 11:30PM - exactly 11 months and 30 min before we wanted to rent a cabin at Bahia Honda State park.  See - we were told (repeatedly) that we could not reserve a cabin more than 11 months in advance, so imagine our surprise at 11:30PM when we logged onto the Reserve America site only to find ALL of the cabins already reserved.
(Image from flickr.com)
We were pissed.  There were shouts of dismay.  An angry cigarette.  An angry phone call.  An angry email sent off.  But in the end, there was nothing we could do.  There was no way we would get a cabin at Bahia Honda for Mr. Rocks and his dudes to sleep in the night before the wedding.  Bummer.  And I was pissed.  Ohhh, was I pissed!  So pissed, in fact, that I wrote a really pissy blog last night - if you were online between 4:30 - 5AM earlier today, you could have read it.

But then I thought about it, and realized that I was looking at the situation the wrong way.  See, in 11 months, it will be the day before our wedding.  And in 11 months and 1 day, I will be marrying the man of my dreams.  And really, that is all that matters.  Everything else is just fluff.  We'll figure it out - the guys certainly won't be sleeping on the street the night before (although I bet some of them would like to spend the entire night down on Duval Street!).
(Image from webwarriortools.com)
So here's hoping I can keep that attitude for the next few months!  Oh, and PS - tomorrow is the last day I am going to smoke, so I will be quitting soon.  Please pray for Mr. Rocks!  

No comments:

Post a Comment