Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Our trip to Chi-town....

So, right now I am recovering from our trip to Chicago to visit with Mr. Rocks family.  We had a great trip, worked a lot, and maybe even learned a little about ourselves.....

Some of the things we learned on this trip.......

We can definitely tell Mr. Rocks was not adopted.....(ok, maybe we already knew this - I just wanted an excuse to post this photo!)
(This is Mr. Rocks, his dad, and "GM Auto")
(Photo by me)


We also learned that there are NO picture of Mr. Rocks and myself in nice clothing......what can I say - clearly we are not "dress up" people!
(Case in point - we are sweaty from walking around Lincoln Park Zoo!)
(Photo by me)

I even learned how to make the bestest taco meat in the world, thanks to Mr. Rock's Ecuadorian Aunt (thank you!!).
(Mmmm....Taco....photo by holytaco.com)

And we learned that when you take Mr. Rock's family, add in my family, then add in booze and music, ridiculous fun will ensue!  (Sadly, I have not photos of this - I was having too much fun myself!)

What was the setting for all of this new (or not so new) self-knoweldge?  Graduation!!!!! (no, not ours)  Mr. Rock's little brother (and one of his GM) graduated from college this year, so we made the trek up to Chicago to celebrate.  And celebrate we did!  We are all proud of "GM Auto" (he works in automotive engineering) for doing so well in school (seriously - he had something like 15 awards when he graduated!), AND he is gainfully employed (hoorray for gainful employment!).

So, I will leave you with an actual photo of Mr. Rocks (rockin' the "ring of fire"), Mr. Rock's dad (also rockin' the ring of fire) and GM Auto......the newest graduated member of the Chicago Rock Clan!

(Photo by me)

No comments:

Post a Comment