Monday, July 18, 2011

Getting......sucked....back....in.....to...wedding.....stuff.....

So, it seems that simply writing that last post about not wanting to deal with wedding stuff got me back on track.  I have been making my brooch bouquet......it was a good way to keep my hands too busy to notice the lack of cigarettes in them......

First, I gathered all of my supplies...brooches, rusty needle-nose pliers, wire-cutters, super glue, and water (hydration is essential!).


I started out by supergluing all of the pins together (cuz no one likes to get pricked!).  Then, I wrapped a thin wire around both ends of the brooch pin.  This wire-wrapping was VERY time consuming - so it was a good way for me to catch up on several seasons of SG-1!  For the SG-1 fans out there, I was re-watching seasons 1 and 2 (the ones before Richard Dean Anderson and Michael Shanks started fighting).


In some cases, I ended up yanking the pin off the brooch as I was wrapping it with wire....FUN!!  In these cases, I had to re-superglue the pin to the brooch.....


After adding a thicker-wire "stem" to each brooch, I created a bunch of "brooch flowers"....
(All the above photos are from me)

But I need ~20 more "stems" to finish all the brooches I have.  After I get those flower stems, I can put it all together.  Or should I say someone else with more artistic talent than me (anyone?  anyone?) can put it all together......But so far, I am impressed!


So impressed that I am re-thinking about having some brooches in my bridesmaids bouquets!  What do you think?
(Something like this, but the flowers would all be one color (orange), and probably some sort of daisy.  So, really, nothing like this.  But you get the general idea!)
(Photo from Weddingbycolor.com)

By the way, if you are interested in making your own brooch bouquet, I followed the instructions from this website - I found her instructions very helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment